Saturday, March 15, 2008

Chiily March Morning

So some of you are aware that Melissa and I have been sucked into the world of Road Bikes, Her friend got her on one and 4 Bikes later we are still avid riders. Melissa has not been able to join as much as she would, like to she is trying to get her back in alignment. At any rate I have been riding 40+-miles a week. This morning a friend and I decided to go on a ride at 7Am (our usual time on Saturday) on my way over it was raining just a bit, we got ourselves ready and it was raining pretty good at this point, we waited it out for a few minutes and decided to go for it, we got to the bottom of the hill and it was flat out raining, I turned to Steve and we both agreed it was too late to turn back and we were going for it. It rained for 5 more minutes – long enough to get us pretty wet. We pushed on-wet road and all and completed a 20 mile loop back to his house. Freezing and laughing at how dirty our Bikes were and the stripes going up our back from the rear tire, I headed home to thaw out and spend some quality time in the Hot Tub, I was so cold and wet I had the seat heater on all the way home I did not feel it till I was pulling up the driveway.
One of the great things about living here is the Bay this morning as we crested the hill in front of Costco we had sweeping views of the Bay across to Lovers Point to the south and Santa Cruz to the North. Everything is so very green this time of year the Oak trees are just starting come out with their version of Green. To all who are coming out you are in for a treat, short of fall this is my favorite time of the year.

3 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

Oh man, I can hardly wait! I am so excited to see the beaches again, and thaw out from our frozen Missouri winter! How awesome that you are able to go for such beautiful bike rides! Lucky for you, you have a hot tub!! :)

Al said...

dude, we need to do a bike trip one of these days. You pick the race eh, lets do it.

sperry said...

Alex took the girls out for a ride on Sat. and they got there first taste of bike dirt :) It was awesome! :) But those muddy wet rides create some of the best dirt, sounds like an awesome ride!